I arrived at the Sav Mor parking lot with my friends/Sav-Mor-Sale-Coaches Kelly and Molly an hour before the mayhem began (8:00 am). The parking lot was lined with rows of banana boxes filled with food. Like the dozens of other shoppers, we scouted out the food from the perimeter and chose a spot from which to begin the dash. At 9:00 am a whistle was blown and we took off. Everyone was grabbing boxes like crazy. I went straight for the two boxes of baby food and was able to secure them (thanks to Rebecca Hill!!) It was a bit of a blur after that. Our crew took turns guarding our loot so the rest of us could venture back into the chaos to see what else we could grab.
I ended up with two full boxes of groceries for a whopping $14. One of my boxes was entirely baby food. I was especially excited about this since:
1. Baby food is ridiculously expensive.
2. We go through a ton of it right now.
3. I feel guilty buying it since I know it is cheaper to make my own.
I came home with 103 jars of baby food and several other baby food items (juices, oatmeal mix, little entrees, etc).


I couldn’t resist calculating my savings, so I figured out approximately what my stuff would have cost elsewhere. Being conservative in my estimations, I think the baby food would be about $90. I won’t bore you with everything that was in my other box, but I will tell you that when I added up the cost of the items it was over $100! So all in all I spent $14 for about $200 worth of food. That’s my kind of savings! :)