July 17, 2009

Home From Paraguay

I'm home. Kevin and I had a great trip and met some really fantastic folks. We got to see a lot and get a good feel for what NTM is doing in Paraguay. We have a clear picture of what it would be like to serve there. Over the next few days I'll be sharing everything with Elizabeth and we'll be talking with our elders to determine where we go from here. Thanks for your prayers.

Here are few pictures from the trip:
This is a guy from the Sanapana tribe we visited for a couple days in the Chaco region in western Paraguay.

The Sanapana village, called La Esperanza, was spread out along a few dirt roads like this one which we walked quite a bit.

It was a beautiful area and quite cool while we were there. Temperatures reach 115 in their summer though.

A bunch of the tribal boys enjoyed hurdling a string tied between these two posts. They enjoyed seeing pictures of themselves even more.